Go exploring and get amongst the great sealed and unsealed roads of Banks Peninsula on one of our late model Suzuki DR650 dual sport adventure motorcycles.
We have a full range of riding gear for hire.
You need to be 25+ with a motorcycle license (Restricted and international OK).
We can pick you up, or bring the bikes to you in Christchurch or Akaroa of you prefer, ask us for a quote.
Off street parking available, campervans welcome to stay.
DR650 seat height can be lowered to 845mm on request, and we have a funky Royal Enfield Himalayan even lower (800mm).
Bookings recommended if you want to be sure of a ride, but not compulsory, if we have a bike available call in & off you go.
all $NZ incl GST
139.00 / day
99.00 1/2 day
(helmet, pants, boots, jacket, gloves)
Discounts available for multiple day hires (ask us)
To be able to hire motorcycles in New Zealand, you MUST hold a valid motorcycle licence (NZ Restricted OK) which allows you to ride a motorcycle in your own country and you MUST be 21. An International Driving Permit will be required if your normal licence is difficult to read, doesn't show the motorcycle endorsement or is in a foreign language.
Engine Type 4-stroke, air-cooled, SOHC
Engine Displacement (CC) 644
Bore x Stroke 100 mm x 82 mm
Fuel System Carburettor MIKUNI BST40, single
Starter System Electric
Overall Length (mm) 2255
Overall Width (mm) 865
Overall Height (mm) 1195 mm - 1155 mm (with lowering kit)
Wheelbase (mm) 1490
Ground Clearance (mm) 265
Seat Height (mm) 885 mm - 845 mm (with lowering kit)
Curb Mass (kg) 165
Suspension - Front Telescopic, coil spring, oil damped
Suspension - Rear Link type, coil spring, oil damped
Brakes - Front Disc
Brakes - Rear Disc
Tyre - Front 90/90-21 M/C 54S, tube type
Tyre - Rear 120/90-17 M/C 64S, tube type
Fuel Tank Capacity (L) 13
- Suzuki Composite Electrochemical Material (SCEM)-plated cylinder for durability, weight reduction, and superior heat transfer.
- Digitally mapped DC-CDI ignition system provides accurate ignition timing to maintain efficient combustion.
- Convenient electric starter combines with mechanical automatic decompression system for an easy and quick start.
- Lightweight and compact low-maintenance battery.
- Gear-driven single counter balancer system minimizes engine vibration for a comfortable ride.
- Large MIKUNI 40 mm carburettor keeps smooth intake flow and quick throttle response.
- 5-speed wide-ratio transmission for easy riding.
- Light, durable stainless steel muffler.
- Innovative cartridge front forks combine the advantage of conventional and inverted forks; smooth progressive action and less below-axle extension.
- Link-type rear suspension with piggyback-reservoir shock absorber and adjustable compression damping provides stable performance.
- Front and rear suspensions both provide long 260 mm wheel travels for superb maneuverability.*
*In case the seat height is lowered, front and rear suspension both provide 220 mm wheel travels.
- Lightweight, compact, rigid semi-double cradle frame is built to provide excellent on/off road riding.
- Hollow type wheel axles and aluminium swingarm keep less unsprung weight.
- Lightweight 290 mm front floating disc brake with 2-piston calliper and 240 mm rear disc brake with 2-piston calliper together provide reliable stopping power.
- Well-cushioned seat, die-cast aluminium foot pegs and grab bars on both sides together offer a comfortable ride for the pillion rider.
- Full on-road lighting system with bright 60/55W halogen headlight.
- Seat height is optionally lowered by 40 mm (from 885 mm to 845 mm)